Wednesday, June 3, 2015

An update (finances and stuff)

Today I'm under the weather.  Feel sick.  I think I picked up what one of the kids had.  He's pretty much better.  Today was the second day he had to stay home from school, but after getting several hours more sleep than he usually does he seems to have bounced back.

I've been meaning to give a bit of an update moneywise for a while, right now, when I don't feel like I should be moving, seems an ideal time.

In addition to reducing my supplement by $200 they determined that they over paid me by more than four thousand.  The good news: the don't want it back all at once (though they're open to the possibility.)

The bad news:they're taking it out of my supplement to the tune of $70.  I don't have the figures in front of me right now, so I son't know how much over $4,000 they think they over paid me (could be closer to $5,000), but $4,000 even would take five years to pay off at that rate.  That't the lower limit.  The upper limit is sa ix years (there was rounding involved.)

I haven't mentioned the $200 a month problem, that's now a $270 dollar a month, because I thought that somebody had saved me from it by setting up a monthly donation to fill the gap.  Something must have gone wrong with it because it only happened once.  At the time the second monthly donation should have come in I was too distracted and stressed about other things to even notice, but looking back I can see that only the first one came in.

Things have actually been kind of ok because I got multiple donations from mid April to May first which managed to fill the hole that had already been created by the reduced payment and the period without food supplement.

In many ways the money that I'm no longer getting is the amount I needed for non-monthly bills.  So I'd save up during the months they weren't due so I could pay them when they were.

So the $200 hole, soon to be adjusted to $270, will be a big problem soon, but it's not stressing my day to day life right now.

Withdrawing from most classes after the first semester from hell means that I wasn't a full time student which means that I have to start making payments my student loan.  I only have one so, as student debt goes, it's not that much: $5,657.40  Minimum payment is between 50 and 60 dollars a month.  I don't remember the interest rate.

I probably have a month or two (including this one) before major disaster looms.

That's basically where things stand.

If I dwell on things it'll probably negatively affect the blog, but if I manage not to things should be ok until the manure hits the turbine.

-

Obviously donations are quite welcome provided that you can spare whatever you send my way, but the primary point of this post is just to have an update on what's going on.  I felt like one was overdue.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update. I'll hope for the best with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's weird, I distinctly remember ticking the monthly payment box. I'll check my Paypal account after work and try to see what happened. Sorry for the trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shouldn't you be able to get a forbearance based on income? Or is it a private loan?

    ReplyDelete