Thursday, November 21, 2013

Good News: My arm is (probably) not broken.

It is my understanding that the only way to know for sure that an arm is not broken is to take an X-ray and then get it read correctly.  (Getting X-ray's read correctly is a crapshoot.)

We do not do that every time we bang are arms because there are ways to know for almost sure.  A doctor has done those things to me and concluded that an X-ray shouldn't be necessary because my arm is for almost sure not broken.

So: yay!  In theory my arm should be better in a week to ten days.  Also I've learned additional diagnostic tests to check if an arm is broken that they didn't teach in wilderness first aid or lifeguard certification.

3 comments:

  1. Hurrah, and I hope it soon stops giving you cause to think it might be broken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what Firedrake said.

    Do you have a sling/splint/something anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your arm is (probably) not broken! I hope your arm feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete