Friday, October 7, 2011

Twilight - My eyes have always been yellow

[Originally posted at Ana Mardoll's Ramblings.]
[Pointing out that the changing eyecolor could itself be used for gaslighting got the response "What? No! My eyes have always been yellow. *mutters something about Bella's mental health*" which the following expands on.]

And then, later on, when Edward is hungry:
"We've been through this before. My eyes have always been black."
"Last time you said that they'd always been yellow."
"No, I did not. This isn't funny Bella. I don't know what kind of game you're playing, but I refuse to be a part of it. Don't put words into my mouth." *Storms off*

The next time they meet his eyes are yellow again and he acts like all of this never happened. Possibly floating the idea that Bella dreamed it all up.

"Did you have another nightmare with blackeyed Edward in it?" said in a voice that is sympathetic but condescending, as if addressing a small child, is probably going a bit too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment